Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Whole New Year


I can't believe a whole year has passed since I last made an entry to my blog. Many things have transpired during this year, taking me down a path much different than I anticipated. While traveling along this path I came to a point where I felt it was time for me to choose between a life that was created for me, and a life that I wanted to create for myself. This decision surfaced after several years of self-absorbed contemplation and soul searching. I couldn't stop asking myself questions like "who am I" , "what do I think of the person I have become" and "what do I have to do to become the person I think I should be"?

Many people have these thoughts when they reach a certain age; but most are unable to take on the challenges and risks associated with making major changes at that stage of their life. Some just need a shove in the right direction to make the jump. This is what happened to me. In the midst of trying to create a future for myself and my family a big boot came and kicked that dream right out from under us. It was at that moment I knew it was time to take the jump.

Now I find myself living alone in another state, far from the life I had known for so long. This new life is definately filled with a myrid of trials and tribulations, but I am up for the challange. I am enjoying all the new experiences and feel a rejuvination of my soul. I don't know where I am headed, but I think I will like the ride.



No comments: