Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ever Changing Weather



Weather; not even an expert can predict it accurately, especially in Colorado. Every day is different here, which is quite a change from California. In Colorado the sun shines 300 days a year but the temperatures rise and fall dramatically from day to day. Yesterday we enjoyed a warm sunny day and this morning I awoke to a winter wonderland! Four hours later the snow had melted and a fierce wind started blowing. Two hours after that it was back to sunshine and calm.

I love the ever changing weather. Learning to live with snow has created a few challenges, but I don't mind. It is so nice to experience the changing seasons. Each part of the year offers a different view of the world around me. I realize I haven't experienced any "extreme" weather here, but even extreme weather seems exciting to me.

Another thing I love about the weather here is being able to wear winter clothing. I have always been fond of comfy fabrics in fall colors and the layered look. Of course, red is one of those colors! I also enjoy curling up on the sofa with a fuzzy blanket or snuggling under layers of heavy bed covers. The best is being able to warm up by a fireplace in your favorite coffee house while sipping a hot latte.

Even my little dog, Niki, loves the snow. She runs and jumps and tosses the snow in the air with her nose. Beautiful gray geese gather together on the snow covered golf courses reminding me of a beautiful Christmas Card. My favorite is seeing the tree limbs heavily laden with snow out my bedroom window. I know it will all change soon but I am enjoying it while it lasts.

No comments: