Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Returning to a Previous Life

It has been a long time since I have even thought about my blog. It is definitely time to get caught up. It seems since Facebook has become so popular, no one is posting to their blogs anymore.

After a brief "adventure" I have returned to the life I have always known; but is it the same life or a new life? The answer to that question lies within me, and me only. I am the designer of my life. I am responsible for all my choices, thoughts, conceptions and reactions that make up my life. As any good 'Interior' Designer would do, I must pay close attention to the details of all these elements in order to create a beautiful life.

Becoming a part of the Center for Spiritual Living is one choice that is helping me to achieve my design goals. Being a follower of this "New Thought" church has had a very positive effect on me. One principle teaching is "change your thoughts, change your life". Wow, what a powerful statement, and a difficult task.
Breaking old thought patterns is harder than kicking any addiction one could possess.

Recognizing an "old thought pattern' is the first hurtle. We are filled with thoughts embedded in our brains since birth. Concepts formed since early childhood guide our thinking patterns throughout our life. For example "our family has been doing 'it' this way for generations". We don't know why they started doing it this way but we carry on the tradition because we simply never thought it necessary to question it or change it. But after a lifetime of doing 'it' one way, changing 'it' would be scary and challenging and just too much work, so why bother? Does the 'old' way fit into modern life? Probably not. Does the 'old' way make our life better in any way? Most likely not. Then why do we continue it? Grandpa used to say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", but what about improving it?

Can we improve our life by changing our thoughts? YES. Can we become better people, by changing our thoughts? YES. Can we be happier and healthier by changing our thoughts? YES! Can we change our thoughts easily? NO. Are you up for the challenge? Most would say no, but I am. I don't want to return to my previous life. I want a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life and I know it will never happen unless I change my thoughts.

So off I go, on new 'adventure'. A life changing journey of challenges that will bring me a beautiful life designed by me, only me. Wish me luck.

No comments: